xatquiz home page xat.com home page

Go Back   xat.com Forum > xatquiz > xatquiz support
User Name
Password
Play Quizzes FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Register Free

Old April 14th, 2008, 10:21 AM
Player

How to remove DRM from windows WMV WMA

Nowadays, most of the protected video and music downloaded online like Windows Media Player iTunes, Rhapsody, Napster, Bearshare , Spiral Frog are all DRM files.

What is DRM? Why do we remove DRM from windows WMV and WMA?
DRM (Digital Rights Management) - The anti consumer copy protection that prevents you from using music or movies in a way that suits you.
For example, if a DRM WMA or DRM WMV you downloaded from WMP(windows media player) that has windows DRM, you can only play it back on a compatible device, so if every piece of music had windows DRM on it you would need to buy the same track on CD to listen in your CD player or car, as an iTunes download to play on your iPod, as a ms store download to play on your Zune etc, but since you paid for it once you shouldn’t be forced to pay for it again and again and again, remove windows DRM and you can play it on your phone, iPod, Zune, PSP, CD player, pc, and anything else that you can listen to music on.

How to remove DRM from windows WMV and WMA?
I got a few methods listed below:
1. Burn and rip
Actually, there is a common free method to remove DRM WMV and DRM WMA with 2 steps, Step 1 Burn the DRM WMA to a CD or DRM WMV to a DVD.
Step 2 Rip the DRM WMA and DRM WMV off to your computer, then the DRM should be removed from the WMA and WMV files.
But it’s not very convenient and may wear out your CR-ROM, and windows media player can only burn and rip the DRM WMA and DRM WMV (or you will need DVD copy and DVD ripper for other formats).

2. Re-record
One of the most common and simple technology is recording the DRM WMA and DRM WMV then use an ordinary converter to convert the recorded and unprotected files. Because this technology is easy to realized and easy to support more DRM formats besides DRM WMA and DRM WMV it is welcomed by most of the DRM converters like the SoundTaxi, NoteBurner, etc.
But there are some disadvantages for those programs.
1. The conversion speed won’t get much improvement due to the long recording process.
2. Much audio and video quality could be lost during the recording process.

3. Hook
Hook is another new and more complicated technology which can be used to remove Windows DRM. Comparing with Re-recording software, these sorts of programs have much higher conversion speed, but it’s hard to make it support some DRM formats with new and lofty encryption techniques.
And as far as I know, Daniusoft was one of its supporters. After giving a test for some free trials I found it is convenient to remove DRM WMV and DRM WMA files with Digital Music Converter, and it also can extract audio from DRM WMV files and supports other unprotected formats conversion like AAC, AC3, WAV, M4A, M4b, MP3, etc.

Conversion steps:
1. Add DRM WMV , DRM WMA and other unprotected files.
2. Choose the output format you need
3. Press the “Start” button, enter the license.

Ok, Hope you can get some useful resources from this article (How to remove DRM WMV and DRM WMA should not annoy you anymore). If you have any suggestion or want to do some modification please feel free to contact me ([email protected]).
Remove DRM from your favorite music and videos to release you music life.
Have Fun.

If you know other more efficient methods please feel free to list below.
Look forward to your sharing.

Thx

Last edited by CrayDeng : April 28th, 2008 at 06:41 AM.
Old April 15th, 2008, 10:26 AM
Player

Arrow

There are a lot of converters now and I like TuneCab, it has many features such as audio conversion, video conversion, extract sound from video, remove DRM, download and convert video from YouTube etc. Easy to use all in one software! http://www.tunecab.com
Old April 28th, 2008, 06:44 AM
Player

You can get more useful information about DRM here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_rights_management
Old May 7th, 2008, 10:12 AM
Player

Thx for share.

The Daniusoft Music Converter seems good.
But, does it support Rhapsody music?
I got a bunch of wma files from it, but can't play them with my iPod.
Old May 7th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Player

Converter TuneCab converts rax files from Rhapsody to any formats
Old May 13th, 2008, 08:37 AM
Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkyway
Thx for share.

The Daniusoft Music Converter seems good.
But, does it support Rhapsody music?
I got a bunch of wma files from it, but can't play them with my iPod.

Yes,I have used it on Rhapsody and Napster music files,think it should be used on others as well.
And you can use the batch conversion function to convert you large number of music files.

Enjoy
Old May 21st, 2008, 10:42 AM
Player

Thanks so much
Now I have got all my protected music on iPod with this Digital Music Converter
It's so exciting.
Old May 28th, 2008, 10:11 AM
Player

Thanks

I recommended this music converter to my friend but he said it can be installed in Vista OS,

It's so regrettable. Any suggestion?
Old June 3rd, 2008, 10:30 AM
Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkyway
Thanks

I recommended this music converter to my friend but he said it can be installed in Vista OS,

It's so regrettable. Any suggestion?

You mean Digital Music Converter can't be installed in Vista OS?
I'm using the XP, but I found the newest version of
WMA to MP3 Converter is compatible with Vista OS on their site, and the function are similar as Digital Music Converter, so you can have a try.
Hope it helps
Old June 12th, 2008, 08:24 AM
Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrayDeng
Yes,I have used it on Rhapsody and Napster music files,think it should be used on others as well.
And you can use the batch conversion function to convert you large number of music files.

Enjoy

Thanksssssssssssss